Tuesday, October 31, 2006

We met Ron Glass (aka Shepherd Book)!

This past weekend, Erin and I made it out to the Dallas Comic Con (yes, I am now an official geek!) to meet Ron Glass, the actor who plays Shepherd Book in Firefly and Serenity. On Saturday, we had a chance to meet him, get his autograph, and take pictures with him. Sunday, we went back to "the con" to sit in on the Q&A session. (You can actually listen to the entire Ron Glass Q&A online, if interested. He was very funny and had some interesting answers to questions.)
Meeting Ron Glass




Another great part about the conference was seeing all the people - young and old - dressed up as scifi characters.




But I think my favorite photos from the set (besides those of Ron Glass) are the pictures of the kids that were dressed up by their geek-like-me parents! (Roy says I can never ever do this to our kids. Yeesh.)







I had a *really* great time!! Many thanks to Erin for being my guide for my first ever comic/scifi convention.

Click here to see my entire Dallas Comic Con photo set.


2 comments:

Frank said...

Oh, that's just pathetically geeky...the very idea of going to a con with all those nerds. Only a total loser would get so excited.

Yes, dammit, I'm jealous....I wish I had been there!

Unknown said...

Yep... total geek. Of course I watching "Heroes", followed by "Dr. Who", followed by "Battlestar Galactica" tonight on the SciFi channel... so who's the bigger geek? Okay, you still are, but I'm a close runner up... well, right behind Frank. I need to go to one of those cons sometime. Thanks for sharing. Good to see you in SecondLife, too! ~Michael