Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Heroes

Have you seen NBC's new show "Heroes"? Thanks to Darren, Roy and I are hooked!

Synopsis: The series tells the story of people who "thought they were like everyone else ... until they woke with incredible abilities". A Japanese salaryman discovers that he can manipulate time and space, a struggling New York artist can paint the future, a high school cheerleader discovers she can recover from any injury, a single mom realizes she has "a powerful alter ego", and a police officer can read minds. The premise is that these people have a role in saving humankind. (Wikipedia: Heroes)

Sound interesting? You can watch the entire last episode on the Heroes official website. Darren says the site has comic books in it that tell even more about the episodes, so I plan on checking that out asap.

My favorite character is Hiro Nakamura -- he's dreamed all his life of becoming a superhero, and it finally happens. Click here to read Hiro's blog! (Just found this -- this is really great b/c it follows what's going on in the show.)



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you it was good. Hey - did you catch the spoiler on wikipedia? The reason Peter Petrelli can't fly whenever he wants to, but his brother can? Because his superpower is listed as "Power mimicry." Ah-ha!

- Matt

u2katrina said...

I forgot that you highly recommended Heroes, too. So, I'll split the credit -- thanks to you and Darren, Roy and I are hooked! Thanks!

WHOA! I did *not* catch that! Power mimicry, eh? Thanks for pointing that out. :-D

- Kat

Anonymous said...

Actually, on my blog you said that Darren had recommended it first. So, I will bow to his superior geekness in this area :)
- Matt

Unknown said...

Kat,

Ryann has been telling me how great this show is, that is rivaling 'Lost' in her list. Now I am really going to have to see it to see what y'all are so excited about.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah - you do need to read the comic online. Has some more good info in it. But they need to get this team together already! November 8th is less than 3 weeks!
- Matt

Anonymous said...

Correction: Only Katrina is hooked. Give me a book any day.

Roy

u2katrina said...

Whatever! I know you're hooked when you ask me pause the show when you leave the living room. :) *smooch* (Oh, and this is definitely momentous -- I believe this is the first time my sugarplum Roy has ever posted a comment on my blog!) ~Katrina

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... more interesting stuff on the wikipedia page. Apparently, the online comics have easter eggs in them - links to Nathan's campaign commercial, and the MySpace page for indestructo-girl. Interesting.

Got to love the samarai sword wearing, English speaking, I can kick your butt-looking future Hiro.

- Matt