Wednesday, October 04, 2006

No sequel to Serenity? Wrong, I say!!!

Fans like myself have kept up the faith that "the greatest show ever cancelled" will some day have a sequel for its movie spinoff. Sure Firefly only lasted (almost) one season (thanks to the dimbulbs at Fox), but the DVD boxed set was a huge success! Sure the movie didn't make as much money as we all would have liked, but the DVD release stayed at #1 for many, many, many more weeks than ever expected!

Recently, Joss posted a comment on the site whedonesque.com that caused an uproar amongst fans like myself. Some are saying that his comments completely squashed any hope of a Serenity 2. My response to all you naysayers: Nay!

Look closely...

Whedonesque Post: Additionally, a person called "Black Knight" bumps into him as he leaves Forbidden Planet. Apparently he's working on a sequel for something. Except not.

Joss's comment: Hi boys and odd, smooth, compellingly bumpy non-boys. [*snip*] I did run into someone at Forbidden Planet, and he said something about that I ought to make more things, possibly art things, and I agreed. [*snip*] There's no sequel, no secret project regarding Serenity or somesuch and I'm not even sure how anyone thought there was talk there. I've seen Nathan and Tim (and Summer and Alan) recently because they're my friends because I'm so, yeah, awesome. So let's put that to bed and smother it with a pillow.

Kat's Analysis: If you look closely at Joss's words, you'll see that he says there's, not there will never be. He confirms that there's no current project ... but he does *not* confirm that there never will be a project. Get my drift? Plus, he's responding to the site's post that he's working on something, making it sound like it just might be Serenity 2.

So, to all the Browncoats out there, keep up the faith. Joss has not yet smacked us down completely.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_%28role-playing_game%29

Just make up your own sequels, I guess?
- Matt