Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Impromptu U2Texas Meetup

So, the Killers concert is tomorrow night, and up until Sunday, I had three extra tickets that I had promised to a couple of friends off the U2Texas mailing list I belong to. So, I get a call from Fatima and we figure out we're going to meet at a coffee shop here in Carrollton on Sunday at noon so she can pay me for and receive her two Killers tickets. I then receive an email from Mary (aka "crankypup") who needs her one ticket. Then, I get a call from Chris, who needs his U2 ticket for the October Houston show.

So we all converge on this quiet coffee shop -- Fatima, Ryann (Fatima's best friend), Chris, Dana (Chris's friend), Mary, and me -- and I receive some looks as everyone at the table proceeds to hand me piles of money as I give them their tickets. We end up staying there for almost (if not) three hours. Laughing, talking, reminiscing. Just had a really good time. Plus, Mary informed me that she had a copy of the new Harry Potter book I could borrow.

So, I arrived home later with a pocket full of cash and the new HP book in hand. I am definitely a happy camper.

No comments: