Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I have a convert!

I have converted a co-worker into a Firefly fan.

And not just my co-worker ... his wife is also hooked. Yep, I am pretty darn proud of myself.

If you haven't done so already, watch the Firefly series. Just a little background on the show, Firefly is a *terrific* sci-fi series that was (partially) shown on Fox for almost one season. For whatever reason, the network decided that they were going to show the episodes out of order, *and* they were only going to show around 10 out of the ~14 episodes. The series was eventually cancelled, but by that time, even with the episodes shown out of order, enough people realized that this was "quality TV" that a major letter-writing campaign was started. Eventually, Fox decided that maybe they could do a movie, and hence, Serenity was born.

Useful Links:
Great Firelfy Quotes:

Wash: Who's flying this thing?! Oh, right. That would be me.

Mal: Can't get paid if you're dead.
Jayne: Can't get paid if you crawl away like a bitty little bug neither. I got a share of this job. Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'...

Zoƫ: Sir, I think you have a problem with your brain being missing.

Jayne: [into radio] Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: [into radio] You're coming in good and loud, too.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

1 comment:

Frank said...

A few of my favorites:

Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"
Mal: "Politely."

Mal: "You wanna tell me how come there's a statue of you here, looking at me like I owe him something?"
Jayne: "Wishin' I could, Captain."

Jayne[flipping through Simon's journal]: "Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy... Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

Simon: I've never shot anyone before.
Book: I was there, son. I'm fairly sure you haven't shot anyone yet.

Simon: What happened in here?
Jayne: Needed to find some tape.
Simon: So you had to tear my infirmary apart?
Jayne: Apparently.

Mal: This is my first mate, Zoe. I'll introduce you to the rest later. They're good folk.
Jayne: Can I start getting sexed already?
Mal: Well, that one's kind of horrific.