Monday, August 29, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Well, I have to say I'm somewhat upset that the hurricane that has my name has become such a big disaster. It was bad enough Friday when we heard that seven or eight people died in Florida and there was damage when it passed over last week. Now, New Orleans, Biloxi, and surrounding areas are being pummelled. (Even Jim Cantori, the thrill-seeking weather guy on the Weather Channel, decided not to get stuck in New Orleans.) They're saying damage is extensive. Hopefully, the people in the area have stayed safe.

I have, however, received a few emails and phone calls from friends and family. "Calm down!" from my Uncle Al. "You are so powerful, Kat!" from Sunny. "Couldn't you have devastated Mobile or some other city no one would miss?" from Frank.

It is kind of weird, though, hearing and seeing my name so much on tv and radio.

Yeesh!

No comments: