Monday, November 13, 2006

7th Son

Interestingly, I haven't yet gotten into podcasts. (Blogs, however, are another story. I have 20+ feeds I check daily. But anyway...) So I didn't even notice the podcast novel "7th Son" when it came out and quickly generated a fan base. However, recently on whedonesque.com, there was a short blurb about how a certain Nathan Fillion is to become the first major actor to lend his voice to a character in a podcast novel. So, naturally, I became interested.

And I must say, I'm pretty darn impressed! 7th Son is now into its second book, and I'm just nine chapters into book one, but the story is very interesting so far. Let me give you the synopsis, taken straight from the 7th Son website...

7th Son is the story of seven strangers who have been brought together after the recent assassination of the U.S. president. These men quickly discover they all appear to be the same man ... with identical childhood memories.

Unwitting participants in a human cloning experiment, these "John Michael Smiths" have been assembled to catch the man who murdered the president. Their target? The man they were cloned from; the original John Michael Smith, code-named John Alpha.


I highly recommend it. And it's only going to get better ... what with Mr. Fillion to start contributing some time soon. If you like scifi, I think you might like this. (NOTE: It does contain some foul language, so consider it NSFW.)



No comments: