Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Weekend Details

Roy and I did have a pleasant Labor Day weekend. Aside from a slight "glitch" that prevented us from having dinner with my folks, all went really nicely.

Weekend Highlights:
  • Lunch w/ Frank and Sunny. I took Friday off to enjoy myself and ended up driving down to Arlington to have lunch with my two good friends (Sunny and Frank) on Frank's last day working for UTA. We had one last group lunch at one of our frequent haunts, King's BBQ, and each enjoyed Singapore Noodles and hot tea. (I know, it's the middle of summer. Why are we having hot tea? This place is usually frigid, so it fits.)

  • Giving Lizzie her Green Day souvenirs. Friday, I went to Office Depot and laminated the Green Day concert review (which had a couple of really good photos of itty-bitty Billy Joe), and I gave them to Lizzie yesterday. She loved it.

  • Listening to Lizzie play the Cure's "Love Song" on her guitar, then going through her collection of rock and roll buttons.

  • Bingo with Mama Saturday night. I didn't win the $750 prize, but I had a really good time.

  • Playing Putt Putt with Roy! We stopped at the Putt Putt place in Euless (?) and played a game. We had a great time!! Roy dropped his ball in the little creek running through the course, but he managed to fish it out. :)
So, now we're recovering from a tiring weekend, but it was nice. Welp, back to work, then on to my graphics class tonight.

No comments: