Wednesday, September 28, 2005

"I aim to misbehave."

There was excitement! There was suspense! There was euphoria! A true emotional roller coaster. And that was before the movie even started!!

We arrived at the theater one hour before Serenity was to begin -- the line of people was stretched all the way around the lobby! So, we take our place at the end of the line, and quickly more people get in line behind us. Roy, Corina, and I were excited, but keeping our cool. Finally, the line starts to move forward, and we end up stopping just around 18 people from the entrance to the theater.

"The theater is full. We're waiting on some press to show up. If they don't show up, we will be able to let a few more of you in.

So, we wait some more, and they let a handful of people in. We wait again. Finally, one of the theater workers comes out, and she informs us that "this is just not going to happen". She offers to exchange our tickets for a free showing of some Gwenyth Paltrow movie next week. (?!?! -- Uh, no, but thanks.)

I just remember standing there, looking at this woman, she's looking right at me, and she just shrugs. Suddenly, "...nine, ten, eleven, and twelve. She points at Roy, who's behind us. "He is the last one. Let them in."

WOOHOO!!

So, we finally make it into the theater! We end up completely separated, but it was ok because the folks around us were really nice. The lights go out, and the crowd claps and cheers!!

The movie was great! I'm not going to tell you any details, I'm just going to say ...

GO WATCH IT!!!

You will love it. I promise you. And once you watch it, email me and let me know what you thought! And if you like it (which I know you will!!) ... tell a friend!!

A Couple Of Cool Serenity Sites For Ya:

Jayne's Hat Song
I Need A Hero

1 comment:

Christine said...

Going to go see it tomorrow! Cannot wait! Especially since I haven't been to the theatres for close to 4 months!
I'll let ya know what I think.

Christine