Tuesday, September 27, 2005

SERENITY!!

So, I'm getting ready for work this morning, when Roy casually mentions that he read in the DMN Quick that there is a free screening of Serenity tonight. They were giving away tickets at the Movie Trading Company down on Greenville in Dallas.

Drat. Wish I'd heard about this yesterday, I think to myself.

So, I get to work, and I decide, What the heck! I'll call anyway on the off chance they still have tickets. I call, and ...

They have tickets!!!

The store opened at 10am, so my pal/co-worker Corina and I hope in my car and head out in search of these treasured tickets. (I must mention at this point that Corina is an excellent co-pilot. I had a map printed out illustrating how to get to our destination, but there was no need -- she knew a special way to get there, which worked perfectly.)

We arrive at the MTC at around 9:50am, and we wait in the (strangely) empty parking lot for the doors open. 10am rolls around, they open those doors, and we meekly approach the counter and admit that we are not there to purchase anything. We just want the free Serenity tickets.

At last!! We have the tickets! We calmly exit the building, and as we walk back to the car, I almost couldn't resist doing the Arsenio-Hall-cheer (whoomp! whoomp!). Much to Corina's delight, I'm sure, I was able to control myself.

So ... tonight ... at 7:30pm at the Loews movie theater at Spring Valley and 75 ... Roy, Corina, and I will be watching Serenity!!!!

No comments: