Friday, June 03, 2005

"Open up my eager eyes..."

Artist: The Killers
Album: Hot Fuss

Go. Buy this album. You'll thank me later.

Ok, so I'm excited about the Killers concert coming up in August, and all of yesterday, I had the song "Mr. Brighteyes" stuck in my head. (I'm driving my hubby nuts b/c I even set that song as my ringtone on my cell, and I periodically check the ringtone volume just to hear it play. How's that for cool, Lizzie!)

So, I head out yesterday and buy the album, and I've been listening to it ever since. If you're thinking about getting it, go for it. I've been burned too many times before when buying albums only to find that it has only two good songs. Not so here -- the whole album is great! It's strange, but it reminds me of the "new wave" music I loved back in high school. Love the guitar. Love the words. Plus the singer's kind of a cutie.

Funny you're-getting-old moment, though. I'm about to walk off with the cd in hand and head to the cashier, but I notice there is a kiosk where you can scan the cd barcode, and it'll show you part of a music video from the album. So, I scan the cd and "Mr. Brightside" comes on. Well, this teenage boy comes around the corner singing the song, and he stops dead in his tracks when he sees me in front of the kiosk and he gave me weird look.

Kid: "You're getting that cd?"
Me: "Mmhmm."
Kid: "Cool."

Yes, ladies and gents. You start getting old when you stop having fun. Can't wait for that concert.

No comments: