Monday, June 27, 2005

Just catching up...

Howdy everyone!

Just checking in to let you guys know I'm still alive. Much to my dismay, and yet not unexpected, I've ended up taking a week off from my studies. My class has a one-month break right in the middle of it, and I told myself I'd keep on trudging through all the stats/research texts through the break. Well, I've been lazy. So, I'm publicly announcing that I'm getting my bu** back in gear, and I'm going to hit the books!

Woohoo.

So this past Friday, at work, I went to a mini-conference held for members of the North Texas division of the Texas Distance Learning Association. The meeting was interesting -- we were given a tour of SBC's data center and disaster recovery center in Dallas. Lots of very expensive (millions of dollars) equipment, lots of security, huge generators. Very interesting.

While at the conference, I got to see two of the people I used to work with back at UTA. Actually, the two people were my immediate manager and his supervisor. One of my really good friends from UTA, Sunny, ended up not able to attend, which is probably a good thing. Just seeing Michael and Jenny reminded me of UTA, and I was a bit ... oh ... well, I missed the place. Don't get me wrong -- I love UT Dallas. I just compare this to going to a new school, seeing some of your old teachers, and it reminds you of your friends from back then.

But it turned out ok, in the end. I get back to UTD at the end of the day, and one of my friends pulls me into her office and offered me a Nutty Buddy (one of those ice cream cones with the peanuts on the top. Mmmmm...). Completely on her own. I hadn't even mentioned the conference. Nothing like friends and ice cream to get you back in a good mood. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The grass is always greener after you've jumped the fence. Long run, your new place will be better and likely friendlier. The bad trend are likely to outweigh the good ones quite soon.