Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Valentine's Poem

(I know this is a day late...) My pal Nathan Fillion (he *must* be my pal -- he accepted me as one of his myspace friends :P) posted this yesterday. I liked the poem so much I had to share.

A Valentine's Poem

If I were a mountain, I'd be so grand and tall.
My glaciated head made up of rock and mineral.
My massive slopes would spiral down and plant me on the earth.
The trees and bugs would gaze at me, to marvel at my girth.

And if I were an ocean, a large pool of reeking brine-
All the fish and squid and zoplankton would be close friends of mine.
They'd swim by on a Sunday afternoon and say, "Hello."
But I'd see them all the time, for I'd be everywhere they go.

But if I was a flatworm, with a tail so slick and long.
I'd have correlated eye-spots as cerebral ganglion.
Would I while away the hours- eating microbes, dirt, and spores?
Or would my mean old flatworm grandma have me doing flatworm chores?

But I am not a mountain, or an ocean, or a worm.
Were you to glance at my ID, I'm sure it'd be confirmed.
And underneath "Corrective Lenses", in print so small and fine-
It's written by the DMV, that I'm your Valentine.

-- by Jason Mestinsek

No comments: