Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm a podcast junkie

Apparently I was a good girl last year, b/c "Santa" got me a very cool Creative Zen Vision M mp3 player. I immediately set to filling the 30Gb with my music, as well as explore the world of podcasts I'd heard so much about. Now, six weeks later, I am proud to admit that I am podcast junkie. Below is a list of podcasts I listen to regularly.
  • WNYC's Radio Lab - Wonderfully geeky seasonal hour-long show on NPR. My favorite podcast ... when it's available. I highly recommend it.

  • SecondCast - A really good (although sometimes NSFW) podcast about all things Second Life.

  • Wait! Wait! Don't tell Me! - My favorite weekly show from NPR. Very funny look at the week's news in a quiz-show-ish style.

  • Metaverse Sessions - Another podcast where there are only nine shows available from early 2006, but they're worth a listen. Very interesting view on the future of the metaverse and virtual worlds.

  • Who's on Second - An ok podcast on the educational/non-profit presence in Second Life. It's kind of slow, and the host almost puts you to sleep, but his guests are interesting and the questions are good.

  • NPR Technology - Yeah, I'm a geek, and this is my weekly fix.

  • PRI's The World Technology Report - ditto

  • 7th Son Podcast Novel
Other podcasts on my list to try out are Second Life Podcast, PBS's NerdTV, and NOVA. Love it!

No comments: