Monday, February 05, 2007

The end is near...

As you've probably already hear, Book 7 of the HP series -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- is scheduled to come out on July 21st. (If you've glanced over at the "currently reading..." and "recently read... sections of the sidebar of my blog, you'll notice that I'm in the process of re-reading all of the Harry Potter books ... and creating my own little HP library as a result.)

I have mixed feelings about this:
  • Dread - JKR has said that two characters are going to be killed in this book.
  • Glee - Another Harry Potter book! Yeah!
  • Dread - JKR has already said this is it. No more HP. No spin-off series. The end.
  • Curiousity - There are so many theories out there. Which, if any, are true???
  • Dread - It's like reaching the end of a really, really good book, but double-triple-quintuple that!
Thankfully, the release date is a Saturday, meaning that all of us Muggles can hunker down for the weekend and seclude ourselves away from work, family, and friends. This'll be the first time I actually purchase the book when it comes out. (I *do not* want to have the ending spoiled by anyone!) I'm sure most everyone else who's ever picked up a Potter book will be doing the same. Looks like Book 7 will blow away any previous publication records set.

I am very much looking forward to going out and braving the release parties at the local book stores. (Roy and I were dating when he offered to come with me to see the Book 5 release mania. He quickly turned me down when I asked if he wants to join me this coming July.) This'll be the last time folks can don their witch's hats, capes, and magic wands. And I'll be there with my camera to capture it!



2 comments:

Matt C. said...

Ehhh... Harry Potter is a wanna be Frodo! Frodo lives!

J/K.... I actually like most of the movies. I am probably going to read the books after I finish re-reading the Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis and the Temeraire series. I also need to read the Hitchhiker's Guide (I know... revoke my Geek card now.. I haven't read Hitchhiker's Guide...)

Christine said...

I sit here reading your post about to cry. Oh, it makes me so sad that this is coming to an end. The end of an era. I went to B&N over the weekend though and reserved my copies (yes, buying two!). Plan to go there Friday evening and just sit and wait for midnight. Going to search for my witch's hat and wear it proudly. I am even THINKING about some other HP stuff this year, but have to research it first before I tell all my friends. Want to be sure I can do it first. Man, my heart is just so heavy! But, on the bright side we still have 2 more movies!!

Christine

Oh, go to msn.com. Scroll to Entertainment. There's something on Rowling's statment there.