Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Finally ... a clear picture

Roy and I have signed up for satellite tv.  (I keep calling it cable, but I actually mean satellite.)  Ever since we moved up to the Dallas area, we'd been relying on our antennae to tune into the local broadcast stations.  Up until this past May, I really didn't need tv as a distraction since I was working on my Master's ... but now I'm a free woman!  (Roy's not really much of a TV person, so he didn't miss it these past two years.)

All I can say is that it is so wonderful to have a perfectly clear picture, and not one that's all snowy.  It's hard to appreciate Jack Bauer or McDreamy when you're squinting through the haze. 

Plus, now I can watch Monk without waiting for my parents to record six episodes and make me the tape.  And I can now discuss John Stewart and Colbert with pal Corina without having to rely on YouTube.

Two days after having it installed, I decided to go ahead and get the DVR (I had 15 days to decide without having a $50 installation fee tacked onto my bill), so now I (we) can record my (our) favorite shows!  Woohoo!

No comments: