Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Snip! Snip!

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I chopped my hair off. Yep ... new job ... new 'do! The good folks in the mall chopped off 7 inches, so now it's above my shoulders. It's always a traumatic experience for me, but this was actually the first time I didn't claim that the beautician "scalped me". I considered putting highlights in my hair again, but when I found out it'd cost around $60, I reconsidered.

Day two at the new job went well. Again, only 20-22 minutes for my commute. I really need to find some items to decorate my office with. I'm actually considering running out to Target right now. Plants would be good. And books. I need books to put in my shelves. My co-workers have all kinds of texts having to do with education, technology, educational technology. I have a few of those ... but I'm using them for class, so I can't really bring all of them up to work. I realize now that I should have kept my books from my undergrad studies. I remember talking to a fellow student once as we approached the end of the semester, and he explained that he never sold back his books b/c he knew that some day he would have an office, and he was going to display all of his books, and everyone would think he was well read and "super intelligent".

No comments: