Monday, May 16, 2005

Oasis & Green Day

Ok, I know I'm doing these all out of order, but now that classes are done, I actually have time to update my blog!

Well, I should have posted about this way back when, but some time last month, I was browsing around the internet, when I suddenly remembered a commercial on the radio saying that Oasis is coming to town on Sept.22. Well, I then realized that I had already missed the first week of general sales, so I was pretty certain that any chance of seeing them was gone.

So ... I mosey onto Ticketmaster.com, and I pull up the show, and I figure I'll see if anything is available. Up pops fifth row center tickets. I was absolutely shocked ... but I recovered quickly enough press the "Buy" button. So ... a little over one month before I get to see the greatest band in rock 'n roll, I'll get to see my third favorite band, Oasis.

Like I said, I should have mentioned this earlier, but it actually leads nicely into my next little update ...

Man, I love living in "the big city". One of my little sister's favorite bands is Green Day. Welp, it just so happens that Green Day is coming to town on August 28, and I just so happen to belong to a mailing list for a local radio station -- The Edge -- that sent out a pre-sale code. So, on Friday, one whole day before the general public had access, I logged on and snagged three tickets to the show. I then called up my li'l sis Lizzie, and she somehow managed to squeal, hyperventillate, and giggle, all in the same breath. :)

Now ... if I could just get tickets to the Rolling Stones show that's coming up in November, my life would be complete. :P

1 comment:

Christine said...

I'd love to see the Rolling Stones. Mainly though because I am amazed that most of them are in their 60's and still Rockin'! Wow!! Boy, this is a big year for you. Harry Potter, U2, Oasis, Green day, HP movie, Serenity, new job, first anniversary coming up...!!!!! You need to scrapbook all this! :)