Monday, May 16, 2005

My 20 Minute Commute

Well, as I hinted in an earlier post, I have a new job. Last month, I accepted a position at UT Dallas as an Instructional Designer for their Global MBA Online program for their School of Management. What's great about this job is that it's right along with what I'm studying in grad school and it cuts my commute by more than half.

So ... today is my first day at the new J.O.B. I have to be there by 9am to complete some paperwork, so I head out at 8am, just to make sure I get there on time. (Keep in mind, I'm used to driving one hour -- in good traffic -- to get to Arlington.) So, I hope on the turnpike, and ... I get to work in about 20 minutes. Unbelievable! I didn't even have enough time to drink my coffee on the way in! Needless to say, this is a very pleasant change.

The next bit of great news came to me a little bit later, when I was presented with my new office. Yes, you heard me right -- Office!!! I have a big desk, a window with a view over the building courtyard, and plenty of space for me to bring in pretty stuff to decorate with.

So, all in all, I'm very happy with my new job. Nice office. The people I work with are nice. Beautiful campus. Great commute. The only negative is that I'm leaving my good friends at UTA. Friday was my last day, and I have to tell you -- I had an incredibly difficult time saying goodbye, then driving home. It amazes me how quickly I became really close to my friends there. In eight short months, I quickly realized that these are people I do not want to ever lose touch with. Sunny, Frank, and Christine -- I miss you guys already!

1 comment:

Christine said...

We miss you, too!!!!!!!!

Christine