Friday, January 26, 2007

Roy and I are headin' for New Orleans!

Roy and I are taking a week off this year and heading to New Orleans for vacation!! We decided earlier this week. Woohoo!! And we're staying a week! A full 7-day week! (I'm just a bit excited. Can you tell?)
We're staying at the Dauphine Orleans, which is in the French Quarter and apparently (as I just found) it is haunted! I just did a google search and one of the pages that popped up was a 'haunted hotels' page that lists the hotel. Here's the scoop:
  • 415 Dauphine St. Much of the hotel dates from the 19th Century. A dark-haired male spirit wearing a military uniform prefers the courtyard, and there you might be able to also catch a lightening-fast glimpse of a dancing woman. Someone likes to lock empty rooms from the inside, and many people report a sense of being watched.

Now that I have it in my head, I'm sure I'll have that in the back of my mind and think I see/hear/whatever something. :P

Anyway, the pictures on the website are *beautiful*!









1 comment:

Matt C. said...

Soooo.... how many bad Hurricane Katrina jokes are you going to hear before the end of this trip? "Oh, no Katrina is coming back!" "Look at all the destruction you caused!" etc...

I think I heard that all the ghost left because of the hurricane. Just a rumor....