Friday, January 26, 2007

I love it when I have to go to the coast for work...

... not that work regularly sends me to the coast. Actually this is the first time. But anyway...

I had two proposals accepted into the TxDLA conference this year down in Galveston! My coworkers and I will be forced to mingle/socialize/network/hang-out with fellow edtech geeks while having some fun on the beach. *sigh*

Darren, Erin, and I will be presenting on (shock! shock!) Second Life:

  • Virtual Environments: The Evolution of Online Learning?
    Virtual environments offer students the ability to interact with their class in a 3-D setting. Realistic learning environments can be created where students can explore and manipulate learning materials, and collaborate with other students via avatars. This presentation will demonstrate some educational uses of the virtual world “Second Life”.

And Qin and I will be conducting a hands-on session on an assessment tool we use extensively:

  • Using Respondus Tool to Create and Manage Online Quizzes
    Respondus is a handy tool for creating, publishing and managing online quizzes and surveys. This session will provide faculty and supporting staff a hands-on experience to get to know about this tool and learn how to actually create and publish a quiz to an online course site using the tool.

Geeky? Yes. But interesting!



No comments: