Monday, June 26, 2006

Just finished reading...

Now that I've graduated (woohoo!) and have free time on my hands, I've been reading for fun again! I figure I'll blog about the books I read from now on ... if I like them ... and maybe if I don't like them. I just finished reading two books by Donna Tartt: "The Secret History" and "The Little Friend". Below are my blurbs about the books.

The Secret History
This was a really good book ... but in a really weird way. By the end of the first page, you are told by the main character, Richard, that he and the eccentric group of classmates kill one of their own group members. What you don't know is why, how, and what leads up to the murder.
Review in brief: Weird, but very good. "Classic."








The Little Friend
I really, really liked this book. The Dufresnes family lives in the shadow of the brutal murder of Robin, the family’s first child and beloved son. The suspect trail turns cold and no one is ever arrested, and the broken family is emotionally haunted by the tragedy. Over a decade later, Harriet, now an ornery, precocious 12-year-old, decides to find the identity of her brother’s killer and finds herself in more danger than she could have ever imagined.
Review in brief: VERY good! Read this book! My only complaint is that it does leave a few unanswered questions that make you wish there was another book that continued the story. Read a few pages at Amazon.com!

No comments: