Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Baseball!

Ok, I am a *little* behind on my postings -- Sorry! A lot has been going on over the past two weeks. So ... let's go way back to May 25, when my three co-workers -- Darren, Qin, and Corina -- and I were allowed to have a Morale Day. That afternoon, we spent the afternoon at Ameriquest Field in Arlington, enjoying a daytime game between the Texas Rangers and the LA Angels.

First off, we knew it would be a *great* afternoon when we walked up to the ticket booth about to purchase our $6 cheap seats, when a lady walked up to us and said she had four $36 tickets she needed to give away. Ummm ... ok. Thanks! As we walked in and checked out our seats, a song came on the radio ... "The heart is a bloom, Shoots up through the stony ground, ...." It was a beautiful day.

We spent the afternoon walking around the ballpark, taking it in from different vantage points. It was my first major league ballgame, so my goal was to see everything I could (and of course document it with my trusty ol' digital camera). We ventured over to where we originally were going to sit, back in the stands ... which, by the way, are covered, so on a 90 degree day are well worth the $6 price ... and got an up-close and personal look at the pitcher's dugout.

Ah, nachos, hot dogs, fish (Qin found a restaurant that actually had fish!), and huge drinks in plastic cups that don't have lids (not a good thing for me!).

And after the game, we (and about 500 other baseball fans) were allowed to run on the field around the bases. (This was especially cool b/c Darren, who has been to about a billion Ranger games, had never been out on the field, so it was completely new to him, too!)

Wonderful, wonderful day. I went home happy and exhausted, with a Rangers tatoo on my cheek.

Click on the images below to see the entire set.











Click on the images above to see the entire set.

No comments: