Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I *do* believe in fairies!

Today I just seem to have U2 on the brain. But I do have one non-U2-related post to make. Today, on Boing Boing, they posted about a website that documents fairy-sized doors that have been "popping up" around Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Boing Boing: "Many of Ann Arbor, Michigan's buildings sport "fairy doors" that are just a few inches high, set unobtrusively into their facades. These doors appear to be purely ornamental (or, possibly transdimensional gateways into the Land of Faery) and this site collects images of them." Link

I loved looking through the site. It reminded me of when I was young and watched movies like "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" and I wondered if would wonder if leprechauns, banshees, and fairies really existed. I found myself looking through these pictures and reading the captions hoping to find some hint that maybe, just maybe ...

Click on any image below to view the site.















I think one of my favorite pictures is the last one (above) of the boy who has set up a "fairy trap" in his elementary school, where a fairy door has appeared. No fairies caught yet, however!

No comments: