Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm Free!!!

I know this is a few days overdue, but hey -- I've been living it up! I *finally* graduated with my Master's degree in Computer Education and Cognitive Systems, with a specialization in Instructional Systems Technology. (I'm not exactly sure what my diploma will say -- it should be mailed to me in the next couple of days. I'm hoping it says Inst. Sys. Tech., but I'm not going to complain.
  • Began: August, 2004
  • Completed: May 2006
  • GPA: 3.916 (I am pretty darn proud of that GPA!)
The graduation ceremony was looooonnnggg. Me and about 800 other students walked the stage ... and it was just the School of Education and the School of Public Affairs. Really made me realize just how big UNT really is.

My parents were there. Roy was there ... although when I sent out my email announcement, he tried to politely decline. (That stinker!) Ja'Nate' came up from Houston. Got to meet her really nice friend Jari. Of course, my pal Vicki was there. Fellow U2 fanatic Fatima and Bono-Babe Fatima was there. And my pal Corina and her sis even showed up for the grand occasion!

We all gathered after the ceremony for hotdogs and ... stuff! It was a lot of fun. We sat around, watched The Blues Brothers, and just talked. Great time! Oh, and Kristy and Dory made these wonderful "pretzel things" that are pretzels, M&Ms, and white chocolate. Just *insanely* good! Sadly, Roy made me give them away during the get-together. :P

I do have some photos, but just not with me right now. I'll add them to my blog probably later tonight or this weekend. Anyway...

WOOHOO!!

No comments: