Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sweet!! (U2+Green Day)

Ok, let me give you some background info here.
  1. Lizzie: My sister, and a *huge* Green Day fanatic. Buttons on her purse, posters all over her walls, first concert was Green Day, touched Billie Joe's hand, was right up against the stage at this concert, greatest time in her life.

  2. Me: *Huge* U2 fan. Posters on my walls (at home and at work). First "real" concert was U2. Have touched Bono, Larry, and *swoon* Adam's hands, was right up against the stage in several concerts, greatest times in my life. (NOTE: I didn't say *swoon* when I mentioned Bono, b/c it's a given.)
Well, U2 and Green Day are doing a pre-game concert on Sept.25 at the first New Orleans Saints game back home at the Superdome. They'll be performing a 1978 punk song "The Saints Are Coming" that they recorded together recently at Abbey Road studio in London.

No, I won't be attending the pre-game show (pipe dream!), but I think it's just incredibly cool that my absolute favorite band and my sister's absolute favorite band are together for this. Very cool.



2 comments:

\m/ Lizzie \m/ said...

IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS!!! oh and it was my second concert...well more like first "real" one and i touched NOT ONLY billie joe, but mike and tre too. lol i was about to say "what no swoon for bono?". to bad we cant go huh? heres to hoping that they do a tour together!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you already know my position on this :) But, I guess as long as it can bring family unity - I guess it is a good thing.

BUT - this still reminds me of the Ramones cover that U2 did on that Ramones tribute album. U2 and Ramones together - now THAT would be sweet.

- Matt