Thursday, September 07, 2006

King Solomon's Mines

On an earlier trip this year to San Angelo, Roy and I stopped at the local Hastings (a favorite hangout of ours -- this along with the great and wonderful Baker Street Coffee Shop), and I picked up a used copy of King Solomon's Mines, by H. Rider Haggard. (Actually, it was a three-novel collection, including KSM, Alan Quatermain, and She.)

This is a *wonderful* book! King Solomon's Mines is the story of elephant-hunter Alan Quatermain and his friends (the great Sir Henry Curtis and Captain Good ... with the lovely white legs) and their journey to find King Solomon's fabled lost diamond mines of Africa. I highly, highly, highly recommend this book!!

Click here to read King Solomon's Mines online.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember watching the movie versions of these once on a Saturday afternoon as a kid. I think it starred Richard Chamberlin. I fell asleep pretty quick, if I remember. But I would assume that the books are much better than the movie (just like in all movie adaptations).

Matt

Anonymous said...

This won't let me comment with my blogger account. So I will be Mr. Anonymous for now....