Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Houston, we have liftoff!

Remember a few posts ago I mentioned that I had in my possession two GA (general admission) tickets to the October 29th U2 concert in Dallas? Well ... what I failed to also mention was that I also have two tickets to the Houston show on the 28th.

*sigh*

Ok, so I actually had good intentions at first. Since I was able to purchase the tickets before pretty much anyone else b/c I had belonged to that U2 fan club from back in the 80s, I figured I'd use up the 4-ticket limit (limit 2 tickets per show) by buying the two for Dallas (obviously), and then I decided to go ahead and get the two others for Houston. "Sure, I'll just buy these, turn around and sell them at face value to some poor U2 fan from one of the (many) mailing lists I belong to, who was shut out of the general sale by all the scalpers and bots attacking Ticketmaster as soon as the tickets went on sale."

Yeah. Right. Whatever.

As soon as those beautiful strips of heavy-stock paper were in my hands, I decided I would take "a musical journey" with my (equally obsessed) U2 friends down to H-town, then after the concert, trek back up to Dallas for the show the next night. I know, I know. No self control.

Somehow, I've convinced my cousin Cristina to come with me to the Dallas show. I'm trying to talk her into taking the "pilgrimage" down to Houston, but I haven't quite convinced her yet.

So ... 206 days and counting!

No comments: