Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Catching up... March Dallas Comic Con

I have absolutely no excuse for not posting in such a long time. So, as I sit here at a Starbucks in the Austin Radisson hotel, I realize that I have internet connectivity and time to kill. So, let's catch up...

Back in March (I know, it's been too long...) I attended the Dallas Comic Con fan day, and there were several special guests that were of interest. I originally went to meet Morena Baccarin (Inara, from Firefly), but I ended up getting to meet some other actors. (It turns out I'm much more of a geek than I'd originally realized!)

Morena Baccarin - She was nice, but very rushed. Not nearly as cozy an experience as Ron Glass, but then again there were about 100 folks behind me in line, so I understand.



Clare Kramer - (Glory from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") At that time, I hadn't yet seen Clare's character in "Buffy", but I decided to meet her and snap a picture b/c I knew I'd end up loving the character. And sure enough, now that I know who Glory is, I cannot believe I actually met her. She's such a funny/interesting/great character in the show. Anyway, she was incredibly nice!



Ernie Hudson - (Winston from "Ghostbusters") I couldn't resist getting my picture taken with a Ghostbuster! He was so incredibly nice, too. And it was cool seeing the various Ghostbuster fans walking around in full costume.



Walter Koenig - (Chekov from "Star Trek") Nice man. Made me realize just how long ago the Star Trek show and movies came out. He seemed very tired when I met him, but then the ST fans that were in the "line" were kind of ... fanatics... so I'd be tired too.



Peter Mayhew - (Chewbacca from "Star Wars") Nice man. It was the end of the day, and he was nice enough to smile for a quick picture as things were closing up.



Good times!

1 comment:

\m/ Lizzie \m/ said...

I'm so proud that you met all of those staples in dorkdom! DUDE yay you're wearing the shirt I gave you for Christmas! Pardon my delayed reaction :P