Monday, December 11, 2006

My sister hangs out with rock bands

Every once in a blue moon, a non-country band will make its way out to the middle of west Texas ... the biggest city without an interstate ... good ol' San Angelo. And if by chance they make it to this mecca of mesquite, chances are my sister is there eating pizza with them.

The last band to make it to San Angelo was Army of Freshmen. I'm not going to lie -- I don't know their songs. I've heard their music pumping out my sister's room on my holiday visits home. But my sister loves them. Somehow (it's a long, very cool story I hope she someday posts on her blog or myspage page) Lizzie ended up getting invited backstage at the Steel Penny Pub during their concert. Keep in mind, she wasn't even able to get into the front door since she's only 16. (That being said, my parents were with her during this whole escapade.)

She's actually been friends with the band for a while now. They swap emails and check out each others' myspace pages. So, after the show, they quietly informed her that they'd be indulging in some pizza at the local Double Dave's, so she (and my entire family ... well, except me since I'm not in San Angelo ... Mom, Dad, Lizzie, Teresa, Mat) eat pizza with the band.





See Lizzie's set of AoF pictures.


**Yeesh!** I take her to one Green Day concert and she touches Billie Joe's hand, and next thing you know, she's hanging out with rock stars. ... *sniff* I'm so proud!!

UPDATE: Just found a video Lizzie posted on YouTube of her adventure.



No comments: