Wednesday, March 02, 2005

And we're back!

Wow -- posting two days in a row. I have to say -- I'm more diligent in posting to this than writing in my journal. Usually, I'll write something one day, then wait a couple of weeks (sometimes months), then write again. This is actually really convenient. I'm impressed.

Anyway...

So, yesterday evening, I had to drive up to school and meet with my advisor to discuss my graduate degree plan. Grad school is strange in that it seems to go by so quickly. (I say that now, but check back with me in a couple of months.) Undergraduates have (at least) four years to figure out what they're going to take; however, here I am only in my second semester, and I'm already figuring out what I'm going to take in order to complete my degree. It's actually kind of strange thinking that after this semester I will be halfway through.

Last night, in my Web Authoring class, we learned something really useful -- how to use cascading style sheets to control web layout. Roy (my sugarplum) has been trying to get me to use then when working on my website, but I've never really had the time to learn how. Last night, I came home gushing about how great/easy/convenient it was, and he was kind enough to not say the classic "I told you so".

A really cool site that uses cascading style sheets (css) to completely change the look/feel of is pages css Zen Garden. This site is really cool b/c the html code on all the examples are the same; however, with changes to the css, the examples are complete different ... and really cool!

No comments: